Saturday, November 18, 2017

Arrived in Asheville

 I've been falling behind a little bit in the blog.  And it's probably going to get worse I can't put pictures in directly from my iPad. The pictures I put in so far have been from the Oliver website. I can link to them to get the into the blogspor site, but I can't keep doing that so I'm going to write up our trip and then add the pictures when I get home.  So if the blog is a little boring my apologies and we will spice it up with pics later.

 We are staying at a campsite called mama Gerties in Swananoa NC.  Arrived on Monday and will be staying through Wednesday morning.  Donna has been awesome about planning the meals she filled up the pantry with all kinds of stuff and brought hotdogs and steak in the yeti cooler.  So we had hotdogs for breakfast on Tuesday and steak cooked over campfire for dinner.  I wasn't a believer that you could get steak cooked decently over a campfire but I was wrong about that.   The steaks came out awesome the only hitch was we didn't put the sweet potatoes in early enough so they were a little under done.   We didn't really even eat them anyway since there was so much steak we had a great night and then went to sleep woke up Wednesday morning and got ready to get out of my Mama Gerties.

 Wednesday morning is a travel day for me and a real estate hunting day for Donna.  We broke camp, hitched up, kissed goodbye,  and then Piper and I headed west to Hohenwald Tennessee.   I'm going to Hohenwald to get some repairs done on our Oliver trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment